Important Information about
How to Obtain a Marriage License in California Los Angeles county
People need a California marriage license to get married in California, but marriage licenses in California are usually issued at the county clerk's office. Although Chris is authorized by LA County to issue marriage licenses, he can now issue the confidential wedding license anywhere in California. He is authorized by Los Angeles County to issue a Confidential California Marriage License, and he is able to perform wedding ceremonies in all California counties. By being a specialized notary public and attorney, Chris has immense experience with complicated paperwork and minute details that come with all government procedures and he takes pride in getting it right. Here is some important information on how to obtain a California marriage license through his specialized notary service:
JUST A FEW REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CALIFORNIA CONFIDENTIAL MARRIAGE LICENSE:
- HOW TO OBTAIN A CALIFORNIA MARRIAGE LICENSE IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY OR ANY SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA COUNTIES SUCH AS ORANGE COUNTY, VENTURA COUNTY, RIVERSIDE COUNTY, SANTA BARBARA COUNTY, AND SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY: He can issue a very specialized marriage license that he has been authorized as an agent of Los Angeles County to issue that is called a confidential marriage license. California is now the only confidential marriage license state. There are certain rules and procedures that accompany this kind of marriage certificate, listed below, but there are very unique benefits such as:
- NO WAITING IN LINE: At the Los Angeles county clerk's office you both need to appear together to get a marriage license. But there are only six county clerk offices in all of L.A. County that can issue a Los Angeles marriage license, along with many other types of government forms to many, many people, and only from Monday thru Friday. There is always a line there and often extremely crowded. Most offices close by 3pm. As you know, the drive plus the wait, which is often a very long & frustrating one during working hours, will mean that you could easily spend the entire work day dealing with this. We know of many engaged couples who have waited for at least 4 hours together, plus the drive. Chris makes getting a wedding license in Los Angeles county easy and convenient by delivering it to you. No bureaucratic mess, no frustration.
- NO TRAVEL: No traffic, no travel, no getting lost, no parking problems - -Chris can take care of the license anytime - -usually just prior to your ceremony.
- PRIVACY- The marriage license is totally confidential and not public record so nobody has access to your information meaning no junk mail, no media, nobody but you and your wedding minister need to know. In order for anyone to get a record of your confidential marriage license, a court order is required.
- RESIDENCE: You do not have to live in Los Angeles county or be a U.S. citizen in order to have a CA marriage license or a L.A. County marriage license issued. This license can be issued to you in any Southern California county.
- NO WAITING PERIOD: There is none! Chris can issue you a license instantly as long as you follow all of these rules listed below.
- NO WITNESSES: For this type of license, you don't need witnesses since Chris has special notary status. The wedding ceremony can then just be the bride, the groom and the wedding minister or it can be a large wedding with many attendants and guests---it's your choice.
- NO BLOOD TEST: You don't need a blood test anymore. This wedding license requirement has been discontinued in California.
IDENTIFICATION NEEDED: The State of California requires that for all marriage licenses you present to us one piece of current government-issued photo I.D. such as a passport, a driver's license, a state I.D. card, and a green card. If you are divorced within the last two years, we need a copy of your divorce decree.
- WHO QUALIFIES: All couples who can say that they live together can receive our special California Confidential Marriage License through Los Angeles County. You don't have to show any proof of your living arrangement and it doesn't state how long you have lived together- - it could feasibly be the day before.
CALIFORNIA WEDDING LOCATION: The confidential wedding license can be issued to you in any California county and your marriage can be performed anywhere in California.
If you need further clarification about what a Confidential Marriage License is, then click here to find out Officiant Guy's advice. He's an expert.
Here's a list of Los Angeles County cities, however, Chris now can issue a marriage license anywhere in Southern California:
City of Commerce
City of Industry
East Long Beach
East Los Angeles
La Canada Flintridge
La Tuna Canyon
Lake Los Angeles
Lake View Terrace
Marina Del Rey
North Long Beach
Palos Verdes Estates
Palos Verdes Peninsula
Playa Del Rey
Rancho La Tuna Canyon
Rancho Palos Verdes
Rolling Hills Estates
Santa Fe Springs
South El Monte
South San Gabriel
West Los Angeles
West Toluca Lake
Westlake Village (parts of)
The cost of a confidential Los Angeles County marriage license is $85. The cost of a public marriage license is $90. We can wait in line for you, pick up a marriage license, issue it, notarize, and deliver to you, at your convenience, a confidential L.A. County marriage license for an extra $115.
If you are getting married in Los Angeles or Orange County...or anywhere in Southern California, Chris can make it easy for you!
Wedding Officiant Los Angeles & Orange Counties
Looking for a Los Angeles wedding officiant?
Need a confidential marriage license?
call the Officiant Guy,
to officiate your wedding and issue you a marriage license.
Nobody has to know!
at (562) 547-3255
or (310) 882-5039
(please arrange Skype via email)
(please put the date
of your wedding in
the subject line)
All wedding information
on this wedding website is
© Copyright 1993-2012
All Rights Reserved.
Officiant Guy ®
is a registered servicemark
(a service trademark).