How to Write Your Wedding Vows
What’s the big request people ask of us? “How to Write Wedding Vows”. When you book a wedding ceremony with this Los Angeles wedding officiant, we will email you a free wedding vow kit with various sample wedding ceremonies that include sample wedding vows and free wedding poems that will allow you to write your own wedding vows quickly, give you some wedding vow ideas or simply pick a wedding vow that is right for you.
But there are a a few things that you should keep in mind when you write your own wedding vows:
- Keep your wedding vows concise, yet meaningful. Too many people will overload a wedding ceremony with verbage that is redundant and overkill the meaning behind a wedding vow. Don’t torture your wedding guests with a long wedding ceremony! We find it very interesting that the shorter the ceremony, the more guests come up to us afterwards and say, “Oh that was the best ceremony I’ve ever been to.”
- If you can write your own wedding vows from scratch, make sure that you are edited by somebody you trust. If you pick from our wedding ceremony vow kit you can simply pick the marriage ceremony that fits you, or choose bits of ceremonies that fit how you feel and then add in the wedding poems or wedding songs that move you.
- A sample wedding ceremony program often has these elements:
- The wedding processional (walking down the aisle)
- The opening of the wedding ceremony or call to the guests
- Some words from your wedding minister on love or marriage or wedding poems
- The wedding vow or wedding vow and poem
- The ring exchange ( wedding ring exchange vows )
- The pronouncement of marriage
- Blessing or wedding day poem
- The introduction as husband and wife
- The wedding recessional
If you decide that you do not want to do any of these steps listed above in the sample wedding program or put them out of order- – – -it’s all your choice. You can say anything that you want to say that is fitting for your relationship and as long as you both agree to be married somewhere in the wedding program.
- Often a passage that you like, a song, or a wedding love poem can be included in your marriage ceremony. A special guest, a member of the wedding party or the wedding minister can recite this wedding poem and reading, but it is not out of the ordinary for the bride or groom to recite or sing a wedding love poem to each other. When you book your wedding with us we will email you a list of appropriate or popular wedding day poems. We have over 25 wedding poems on our list.
- Don’t be afraid to express how you feel in the context of your wedding vow. This is the time to do it. Your wedding ceremony is your expression of love for your partner, it’s your pronouncement to the world. Express yourself in your wedding vows how you would like to remember your wedding ceremony. And if you are not a poet, as most of us, pick a sample wedding vow that is a beautiful description of who you both are.
After booking your wedding with us as your wedding officiant we will provide you with the password for this sample wedding vows kit. Give Chris a call to be your wedding officiant.
The Officiant Guy is the best wedding officiant in Orange County and Los Angeles County.