For your convenience we have made a request form for you if you need a copy of the marriage certificate after your marriage license has been filed after your wedding.
We fully recommend that you order at least two copies of the California marriage license or certificate at the time of your wedding. If you don’t, it is a bit of a long process. Here is what you need to do:
- Please cut & paste the letter below into your word processor and fill in the blanks.
- Send with a check to the address at the top of the box.
- If you are not going to have your wedding officiant file the request while filing the confidential marriage license then you will need to to include Certificate of Identity for California Marriage Certificate from a Notary Public or the County Clerk in the County of Residence.
- The cost for a copy of your Los Angeles County Marriage Certificate is $15 (as of 2015) each. We recommend that you request at least 2 copies.
Here’s the letter below to ask for a copy of marriage license California:
P.O. Box 53120
Los Angeles, CA 90053-0120
Re: ( Expedited ) Request for Certified Copies of Confidential Marriage Record
– License No. ____________________
Dear Sir or Madam,
Please find enclosed:
1. An Application for Marriage Record,
2. The signed and completed bottom portion of the Customer Copy of our License and Certificate of Confidential Marriage,
3. A personal check in the amount of $_____.00 payable to Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk, and
4. A postage prepaid and preaddressed Overnight Express Mail envelope.
Please mail ______Certified Copies of our Confidential Marriage License and Certificate to
CITY, STATE, ZIP___________________________________________________
We urgently request that the certified copies be mailed as soon as possible.
This marriage was between:
MARRIED ON DATE:_____________________________________________
_____ Certified Copies are Requested
Thank you very much for your prompt attention to this matter.